Technicial question.

Linus Guglielmo

I was trying to get iBooks working on my iPad and something weird happened. I tried downloading it from the app store which did not work, so I tried a different apple account which also did not work. Neither of these accounts had downloaded the app before. Then I thought I would have better luck with the old iTunes app store trick. The app did not even show up in iTunes until I tried to copy a book over to my device. It then gave me a prompt that in order to read this book I needed the iBooks app. So I told it to download it, but when it showed me that app's page the download option was greyed out. So I thought it might be because I was signed into a different account on each device. But when I entered the app store to my surprise, a prompt showed up on the screen asking me if I wanted to install iBooks, so I said OK and when it asked me to download an older version I clicked OK again, and the app worked perfectly. What caused the app to finally be able to be downloaded? Was it because I had connected the device to iTunes and that is how iTunes app downloads worked on iOS 5, or was it because my iPad detected an apple eBook on my device, or both?