Any instant messenger app compatible with MSN/Windows Live Messenger from before 2009

failsandwich

I'm trying to find an app like this so I can patch it to work with Escargot, a Windows Live Messenger revival service. It must be from before 2009, because the MSN protocols used in the 2009 version of WLM do not work with Escargot's servers yet.

failsandwich

Sadly, I only have Windows Live Messenger 1.2.3 but that's from 2011.
When was it released? If it was released before September 2011, then I should be able to patch it more easily once WLM 2009 support is added by the Escargot team.

jcags

Sorry for the late reply, because of the quarantine, moving from one place to another it's a bit tricky for me and I don't carry my iDevices with me all the time.

Anyway, I'm afraid I don't when it was released specifically, I downloaded it some time in February of 2012 and it said "copyright 2011" or something of the sort, anyway here it is: https://mega.nz/file/yNgllDQZ#OyRvC2lSAjZz5DjjgFpmNKmMQzFni1M9KZ2UvJ-BCLk

Let me know if you manage to get Escargot working on it.

failsandwich

Let me know if you manage to get Escargot working on it.
That'll mostly depend on whether or not I can find the server URLs and change them. I tried that with IM+ and a couple other third party apps and it sadly didn't work :( Luckily, Microsoft often just leaves the server URLs in plain text inside the application, which makes most of the official clients pretty easy to patch. Hopefully the same is true for this one! :D

failsandwich

Aaaaaaaand literally less than 3 minutes after downloading the .ipa and poking around in it, I found them located in a handy li'l .plist file, right in the app directory. No need for a hex editor, I literally just had to click on it! Thanks, Microsoft!
Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 1.40.48 AM.png
Now, all I gotta do is wait for WLM 2009/2011 support to be added to Escargot... which shouldn't take too long, as both are quite similar and WLM 2009 is due for release any day now.

IdotMaster1

Aaaaaaaand literally less than 3 minutes after downloading the .ipa and poking around in it, I found them located in a handy li'l .plist file, right in the app directory. No need for a hex editor, I literally just had to click on it! Thanks, Microsoft!
View attachment 827
Now, all I gotta do is wait for WLM 2009/2011 support to be added to Escargot... which shouldn't take too long, as both are quite similar and WLM 2009 is due for release any day now.
i actually was waiting for this lol

IdotMaster1

can
View attachment 827
you send me the ipa and what IPhone OS versions is it?