What is the status on the web app?

Coolsium

What is the status on the momentum-dev web app,will you guys ever add iOS 2,3,7 support?,will you guys add more apps?,is development ongoing still?

NukiDuki

The webapp is pretty nice, but from what I have scarcely read, a lot of work is required for it to function properly. I hope they're still working on it.

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
The webapp is pretty nice, but from what I have scarcely read, a lot of work is required for it to function properly. I hope they're still working on it.
Yeah, it's a lot of work to add apps. I have about 6 apps in a test ios 3 webpage, but it's not ready to be released yet. I might pick it back up in a little while, and try to add some more apps to it.

Yeah, it's a lot of work to add apps. I have about 6 apps in a test ios 3 webpage, but it's not ready to be released yet. I might pick it back up in a little while, and try to add some more apps to it.
May I ask why don't you guys just add apps like in the App Store and then the versions available for it in the webpage of the app?

Something similar to this https://mixrank.com/appstore/apps/544007664, we'd have the app and its versions. Only difference being the versions of the app should be in the main page for the app. Basically, instead of the description, you should list the versions and the OS version required for that respective version.

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
May I ask why don't you guys just add apps like in the App Store and then the versions available for it in the webpage of the app?

Something similar to this https://mixrank.com/appstore/apps/544007664, we'd have the app and its versions. Only difference being the versions of the app should be in the main page for the app. Basically, instead of the description, you should list the versions and the OS version required for that respective version.
That could be something neat that I could try to implement in a webapp redesign. Additionally, a search function would be neat and perhaps a more streamlined way to submit apps to the webapp.

That could be something neat that I could try to implement in a webapp redesign. Additionally, a search function would be neat and perhaps a more streamlined way to submit apps to the webapp.
I am having an issue with the WebApp (maybe it's something on my end, user error? :)) Whenever I visit the webapp from my 3G (iOS 4.2.1), it shows "Safari cannot open the link because it cannot establish a secure connection to the page".

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Sam

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
I am having an issue with the WebApp (maybe it's something on my end, user error? :)) Whenever I visit the webapp from my 3G (iOS 4.2.1), it shows "Safari cannot open the link because it cannot establish a secure connection to the page".

Any suggestions?
Regards,
Sam
iOS 4 and below have issues with some sites and their SSL certificates. Ours is one of those. Try using Opera Mini. It might load the webpage, but I'm not sure if that app installation function works on it.

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
you need to make it HTTP btw
I know, HTTPS on our site doesn't work on iOS 4 and below. I've tried making a plaintext domain (webapp.mtmdev.org), which loads but apps don't install. Maybe I need to change some stuff, but I don't want to turn off HTTPS sitewide, or else google analytics and adsense gets mad at me lmao

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Any updates?
To be honest, I haven't touched the webapp in a little while. I've been bogged down with some stuff in my personal life (ended a 2 year relationship, and have been doing college application stuff), but from what I remember the iOS 3 page is about half done. It shouldn't be too hard to finish that, and I'll take a look at it soon. I'll post on the forum when it's done.

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
iOS 7 should be coming soon, I just don't have a device with 7 on it. I'll probably pick up a 4 off of ebay soon, anyways there aren't too many apps we have here that support 7, but I can gather some. I'll probably make a webapp request page too.

NukiDuki

Thanks for the continued support Anbar, take a break and as much time as you need. The web app is a really nice feature, maybe someone that knows html can contribute?

iOS6model25a

I know, HTTPS on our site doesn't work on iOS 4 and below. I've tried making a plaintext domain (webapp.mtmdev.org), which loads but apps don't install. Maybe I need to change some stuff, but I don't want to turn off HTTPS sitewide, or else google analytics and adsense gets mad at me lmao
I believe that is because the app is hosted on your main server which uses https. Try uploading them to your plaintext server and then maybe it will work.

iOS6model25a