Working (Verified) Snowtape Radio v1.3.1 (iPhone)

minimum

Staff member
pTmmhKd.png

Developer
: Vemedio

System Version: iOS 4.1 and up

Compatible devices: iPhone, iPod Touch

Supported resolutions: 480x320, 960x640

Description:
Snowtape for iPhone and iPod Touch redefines listing to internet radio on-the-go. Choose from a variety of genres and select one of the high quality radio stations. While you are listening, Snowtape automatically records the stream, splits it into tracks and searches for album artwork. If you like a song simply select it and save it for later listing pleasure. Snowtape automatically filters out commercials and interludes.

Review:
This is a very pretty but an odd app with some pretty stupid UI decisions. Why record tracks and require you to select them for later saving? Since you don't know the track names in the first place - this make almost no sense. You'd have to save every recorded track first hand anyway and then later identify them, by listening to one after another. Why is the genre catalog so limited? Why not just have a star or a heart button near the track you are listening to? I don't have answers to any of these questions and you call me wacky - I still use this daily, because the UI look just so lush. The good thing about it is that you are not locked into the built-in stations and you can just add your own via the "Favorite Stations" section. Just remember, there was no HTTPS at the time, so any URLs you enter in that field - type them in without the "s". Another tidbit to know about this is that it's somewhat unstable on iOS 5 and crashes in some odd situations. Probably runs fine on iOS 4.

Screen shots:
vfaeEWS.png
tX8ctGi.png
nGelByr.png

Attachments

• Snowtape v1.3.1.ipa
    1.6 MB · Views: 74

ivv

I cannot make it work with URL playlists. I have a playlist with a lot of internet radio stations. If I enter every station one by one, it works. When I try to add the entire playlist, it gives me an error. Tried specified format using HTTP.

Last edited: