Howdy

NijiLink

Hello everyone, NijiLink here! A few days ago, I got this old iPad that's been sitting in someone's drawer for nearly a year. Somehow, the more obsolete something is, the more attractive it gets to me. It seems like I always want to find just how useable (or unuseable) that device really is. So now I'm here, and it's been a pleasant surprise to find this device isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I actually like using this a lot. Yeah, that's it I guess. Thanks for making the quest to finding apps a little bit easier! —Written from my 1st generation iPad

fv0485

Did you use a specific browser to write this or did you use safari? If i find a browser that supports html5 protocol and supports amazon prime video, my ipad will become one of my main devices

Last edited:

NijiLink

I just used Safari to type that post. I’m not sure if another browser would help you much. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but all browsers on iOS are just Safari with another look.

That said, someone (I believe over at Reddit) did recommend using Chrome or Opera on iOS 5.1.1. As for Prime Video support, I wouldn’t hold my breath on it unfortunately. Websites like that are just too bloated to be used on something like the first generation iPad and usually rely on some kind of DRM that the device needs to support.

fv0485

I just used Safari to type that post. I’m not sure if another browser would help you much. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but all browsers on iOS are just Safari with another look.

That said, someone (I believe over at Reddit) did recommend using Chrome or Opera on iOS 5.1.1. As for Prime Video support, I wouldn’t hold my breath on it unfortunately. Websites like that are just too bloated to be used on something like the first generation iPad and usually rely on some kind of DRM that the device needs to support.
Oh okay, what a shame