Working (Unverified) Facebook (v11.0)

av709

Pressing "More" in the bottom left corner crashes the app but other than that this app works well for its age. I personally use version 10.0 (which has the same issue btw) because I find it to be a bit quicker.

av709

iPhone 5 at the minute. I'll test it on my 4s later. It could be because I've had to change values in Info.plist to get the messaging part of the app working.

iPhone 5 at the minute. I'll test it on my 4s later. It could be because I've had to change values in Info.plist to get the messaging part of the app working.
Does changing the info.plist work for YouTube too? Also, please tell me how I would do that myself, I need Messenger for iOS 6.
PS: Props to you for staying on iOS 6 with an iPhone 5. I hope it's a Black and Slate one, they look so good with iOS 6 ^_^

Last edited:

av709

No, don't change anything for the YouTube app, it screws it up. Installing this tweak will disable the update prompts and allow you to use the app as normal. For Messenger, you need iFile and go to var/mobile/Applications, find Messenger and in there somewhere will be a file called Info.plist. Change all instances of the current Messenger version number to a newer version (mine is set to 111.0). Doing this for the Facebook app will also fix its built in messages functionality.

Some notes about Messenger:
It is no longer possible to send images from any version of Messenger supported on iOS 6
Facebook made some changes in the New Year that resulted in slow startup times for some older Messenger apps
Profile pictures do not load in the chat
Consider using Messenger version 2.7.2 which is older and has less features but is faster than other versions. This app has the original Messenger layout.

No, don't change anything for the YouTube app, it screws it up. Installing this tweak will disable the update prompts and allow you to use the app as normal. For Messenger, you need iFile and go to var/mobile/Applications, find Messenger and in there somewhere will be a file called Info.plist. Change all instances of the current Messenger version number to a newer version (mine is set to 111.0). Doing this for the Facebook app will also fix its built in messages functionality.

Some notes about Messenger:
It is no longer possible to send images from any version of Messenger supported on iOS 6
Facebook made some changes in the New Year that resulted in slow startup times for some older Messenger apps
Profile pictures do not load in the chat
Consider using Messenger version 2.7.2 which is older and has less features but is faster than other versions. This app has the original Messenger layout.
Ah alright. Thanks for the YouTube tweak. Do you have a link to a messenger ipa though?

av709

Best thing to do is get it from the App Store using aDowngrader. Add h6nry.github.io/repo/ to your sources in Cydia, then search for aDowngrader and install it. Go to Settings > aDowngrader, switch it on and reboot your device (it won't work until you reboot). Then go to the App Store and download Messenger, you will be prompted to enter a number, type 81622864 for Messenger 2.7.2. It might prompt you more than once. When it's installed edit the version numbers in Info.plist as per my previous post and you will have a working Messenger. :)

Best thing to do is get it from the App Store using aDowngrader. Add h6nry.github.io/repo/ to your sources in Cydia, then search for aDowngrader and install it. Go to Settings > aDowngrader, switch it on and reboot your device (it won't work until you reboot). Then go to the App Store and download Messenger, you will be prompted to enter a number, type 81622864 for Messenger 2.7.2. It might prompt you more than once. When it's installed edit the version numbers in Info.plist as per my previous post and you will have a working Messenger. :)
Alright, and thank you so much! I'm gonna throw this thread into a txt file later and drop that into my ipa folder.