Disable update prompt for YouTube 10.11.11546

TSinnohTrainer

Hi this tweak worked great to disable the update prompts so thanks for making it but when I attempt to go on YouTube now it just says "Error loading tap to retry" and no matter what I attempt to do I can't get past this error. Any suggestions? Thanks

rohit

Hi this tweak worked great to disable the update prompts so thanks for making it but when I attempt to go on YouTube now it just says "Error loading tap to retry" and no matter what I attempt to do I can't get past this error. Any suggestions? Thanks

I'm getting the same error.

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer

I'm getting the same error.

YouTube's API isn't functional on iOS 6 anymore, sadly

vladaitalia

I also had that problem, i fixed it using Filza. Steps are:
1. Jailbreak device and install Filza
2. Open Filza, go to var/mobile/Applications/YouTube/YouTube.app
3. Find file Info.plist
4. I changed following items: CFBundleShortVersionString Value 13.30, CFBundleVersion Value 13.30, DTPlatformBuild Value 13G36, DTPlatformVersion Value 9.3.5, DTSDKBuild Value 13G36, DTSDKName Value iphoneos9.3.5.
Try changing only CFBundleVersion and if that doesnt work change all items from step 4.
After these steps youtube is working for me. Try it and let me know if it works for you.

Last edited:

FlyChsCake

3. Find file Info.plist
4. I changed following items: CFBundleShortVersionString Value 13.30, CFBundleVersion Value 13.30, DTPlatformBuild Value 13G36, DTPlatformVersion Value 9.3.5, DTSDKBuild Value 13G36, DTSDKName Value iphoneos9.3.5.
Try changing only CFBundleVersion and if that doesnt work change all items from step 4.
After these steps youtube is working for me. Try it and let me know if it works for you.
Thanks! Changing only "CFBundleVersion" to 13.30 did it for me on iOS 6.

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
3. Find file Info.plist
You should make a separate post for this if it makes YouTube work, and if it does, then that's huge! I just don't want it to get buried in this thread

EducatedAlloy

3. Find file Info.plist
How did you get filza on ios 6

EducatedAlloy

YouTube now works again on iOS 6.It also works again on iOS 7.But in both iOS versions I cannot save videos as offline videos or access my subscriptions page or liked videos.I can only access the home page and search for videos.It does not show channel information while playing videos either.
Screenshots:
iOS7: 2020_10_15_20_45_IMG_0033.PNG 2020_10_15_20_54_IMG_0034.PNG
iOS6: 2020_10_15_21_03_IMG_0050.PNG 2020_10_15_21_01_IMG_0049.PNG

Last edited:

minhkhai

Hey guys, I made a tweak that disables the forced update prompt for the latest version of YouTube that's available for iOS 6.

I'd be really cool if I could host it here somehow. It could even be a series of tweaks that make older apps useful again, which might mean disabling update prompts, faking version numbers, fixing API issues etc.

Admin edit: This package is available at https://mtmdev.org or i.mtmdev.org, as a cydia repo
Uhhh, how can i apply these file into youtube