Push notifications on iOS 6?

Trevir

Any way possible to fix push notifications/iMessage on iOS 6? Apple apparently isn't activating phones on 6 at the moment

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Any way possible to fix push notifications/iMessage on iOS 6? Apple apparently isn't activating phones on 6 at the moment
If you happen to have your activation recorrds backed up, you can copy those over, and (in theory) all Apple services should work.

Trevir

If you happen to have your activation recorrds backed up, you can copy those over, and (in theory) all Apple services should work.
any chance I could copy records from a different version of iOS on the same device?

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
any chance I could copy records from a different version of iOS on the same device?
Yeah that may work. I know that if you use records from an older version of iOS to activate a newer version, but no guarantees about vice versa. It won't hurt to try though. if you can currently use the device, use Coolbooter to go to an older version of that iOS version (if applicable) and grab those activation records.

Trevir

Yeah that may work. I know that if you use records from an older version of iOS to activate a newer version, but no guarantees about vice versa. It won't hurt to try though. if you can currently use the device, use Coolbooter to go to an older version of that iOS version (if applicable) and grab those activation records.
tried a while ago, did not work. seems there's currently no possible way to activate any A6 device that was once on iOS 10. not sure why, but it doesnt seem like there's a way around it