Better UI than iOS 7+

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Yes definitely, but not as usable. I would love to get a device with Switchboard on it to test it out...

Sam Guichelaar

Yes definitely, but not as usable. I would love to get a device with Switchboard on it to test it out...
It's not usable at all, haven't gotten the browser to work even :p but it's still a very cool environment to have on your phone. A 3Gs costs around $20 here :p

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
It's not usable at all, haven't gotten the browser to work even :p but it's still a very cool environment to have on your phone. A 3Gs costs around $20 here :p
Yeah, looking on eBay, (no local sites like Craigslist have them) they cost anywhere from $20-30 USD, depending on the condition.

Sam Guichelaar

Yeah, looking on eBay, (no local sites like Craigslist have them) they cost anywhere from $20-30 USD, depending on the condition.
Now with alloc8 it doesn't matter what bootrom it has. Any version is jailbroken / downgradable to any version for life, which is awesome.

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Now with alloc8 it doesn't matter what bootrom it has. Any version is jailbroken / downgradable to any version for life, which is awesome.
So, if I acquire a Switchboard ipsw, I can restore to that? And any other iOS version? Is the downgrade untethered?
EDIT: I promise I'm not here pressing the reload button, I have email notification enabled, & Gmail set to forward most things to my phone number.

Sam Guichelaar

So, if I acquire a Switchboard ipsw, I can restore to that? And any other iOS version? Is the downgrade untethered?
EDIT: I promise I'm not here pressing the reload button, I have email notification enabled, & Gmail set to forward most things to my phone number.
Yep, untethered downgrade & accepts custom IPSW's (such as Switchboard).

Anbar48

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Developer
Yep, untethered downgrade & accepts custom IPSW's (such as Switchboard).
Oh, nice! So, if you end up making the whited00r & grayd00r alternative you posted on reddit about, I could use it on there!