Hello! :-)

My name is Axel, I'm 34 years old. Since my childhood I'm a big fan of video games. And since the 2000s I'm very interesting in preservation video games. Because I believe it's really important to see games as a part of our pop culture. And it's important to keep the history.

In 2013 I got my first iPad. And it was so so great to see all these great games. Without F2P Mechanics, creative gameplay designs and so on. I worked even on a bigger german Blog for iOS gaming. But in the last years it was annoying! All these shitty F2P games, no more creativity and the OS self today is so terrible like Android. And I hate that Apple don't care about the iOS gaming history. Since 2008 they removed so many thousands of good games! Or they broke the compatibility with older apps and games so the publishers were forced to removed them.

In the last months I made so digital archeology. I downloaded old iOS games from old Usenet topics back to 2008 to 2012. I was on obscure russian and chinese sites and now I have a big, big folder with over 3500 files and over 150GB. I decided to preservate old iOS games!

I do this on Archive.org with the permission by the Archive staff.
https://archive.org/details/@ios_classics

The goal is to keep all these early iOS gaming culture alive. If you have some great additions for the collection, just drop me a line. Not only games, older iOS gaming magazines are interesting too. Or some cool gaming related Cydia apps. For example you can find on my archive account the old Cydia apps by 8BitDo for their first FC30 Controller.