Partially Working YouTube for iOS 4.3, 5.x, and 6.x

asdf2345

I tested this on a iPhone 4s running 6.1.3, and a 5 running 8.4.1, haven't tried it on any other phones though.

YouTube 2.7.1 (Allows you to change video quality)
https://mega.nz/#!CRcGQC5K!0dJTCt9FVVmLr5uQcDKg37JPMC1pmyunQ-vNoPxURh8

You'll need a patch to get past the update prompt (the patch is available at mtmdev.org/repo), one is linked in the comments, and 2.7.1 is chosen as it's smaller, and I don't notice any stability issues that warrant updating.

Last edited:

Cipher

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The thing is we already have these, just search youtube in the search bar.

Postiave

Just to preface this, I'm using an iPhone 4s, running iOS 6.1.3.
The first link, (Version 1.0.0) just says 'Error while loading Tap to retry' and when tapped, nothing happens.
The second link, (Version 1.1.0) does the same thing, but actually tries to load for a second when tapped.
The third link, (Version 2.7.1) works perfectly, but only as a guest. When trying to log into my google account, I cannot select the field to input my email.

JMK19

Just to preface this, I'm using an iPhone 4s, running iOS 6.1.3.
The first link, (Version 1.0.0) just says 'Error while loading Tap to retry' and when tapped, nothing happens.
The second link, (Version 1.1.0) does the same thing, but actually tries to load for a second when tapped.
The third link, (Version 2.7.1) works perfectly, but only as a guest. When trying to log into my google account, I cannot select the field to input my email.

The problem with the third link is a stupid UA thing. Use this post to fix: https://www.reddit.com/r/LegacyJail...ion_google_play_music_on_ios_616_cant_log_in/

Saunders Tech

Hi, on the version 2.7.1, the update popup shows up, even with the patches. Also, on 1.1.0, authentication does not work when attempting to sign in: shows errors, the home screen shows unable to load errors, however the videos do load. Is there any way to fix any of these?

WerneckLuk

the first two are unable to load home screen and anything else such as searches, etc.
The third one works as a guest, but after I log in, it log off me after watching a video, and when I close the app, when I launch it again it shows the update message. Any fix? 4s 6.1.3

av709

All versions 1.x are officially dead as of October 2018 due to API shutdown. TubeFixer can bring them back but it's unreliable these days due to Google quotas for the dev's API key i.e if lots of people are using he'll hit the quota limit and it'll stop working until the next day.

2.7.1 shows the update prompt as you know, use 10.11.11546 instead which is more stable and runs on the same iOS versions as 2.7.1, combined with Patrick Griffin's tweak here to clear the update prompt.

Last edited:

Efehan Erol

All versions 1.x are officially dead as of October 2018 due to API shutdown. TubeFixer can bring them back but it's unreliable these days due to Google quotas for the dev's API key i.e if lots of people are using he'll hit the quota limit and it'll stop working until the next day.

2.7.1 shows the update prompt as you know, use 10.11.11546 instead which is more stable and runs on the same iOS versions as 2.7.1, combined with Patrick Griffin's tweak here to clear the update prompt.
yes.

TAbdiukov

Just to confirm, v 10.11.11546 + the "disable update" tweak combination works flawlessly. The app, originally from around 2013-2014 even tries to inform me on the newest 2020 Coronavirus events, as if this isn't an irony (if not Corona, I would've never bothered with tuning iOS 6 in the spare time!)

StrangeBhoy

On my 3GS i just get 'Tap to retry' and it never loads

Signed in, or as guest

Is there a working link for ios 6.1.6 on iPhone 3Gs?