Partially Working YouTube for iOS 6 (and lower)

Did this help?

• Total voters

NukiDuki

Tested on iOS 6.1.6, iPhone 4s
Prerequisites:
  • TubeFixer (cydia.invoxiplaygames.uk)
  • Classic YouTube App (cydia.invoxiplaygames.uk/beta)
Notice
I have deemed this partially working due to the API's unreliability in certain periods of time. This, hopefully, should work most of the time.

Setup
First, Google Cloud Console. Watch this video [5:37] to setup, it's much better explained than what I can write.

Next, after getting the API key, open Settings and scroll down to TubeFixer, tap on it, enable custom API key, and enter the API key. Be very careful while entering it, I recommend to copy the API key and send it over email to your device. (Selfmail)
After that, open Classic Youtube App and videos should start to load, albeit a bit slowly. You can search for videos, play it, add to favorites (not liking/rating) and that's about it.

Hope this guide helped, and hopefully the API will be stable for you.

Last edited:

Ad3s12

Did everything right, the videos show up in search, etc. but when trying to watch a video it kicks out. I tried about 15 videos, no luck.

NukiDuki

Did everything right, the videos show up in search, etc. but when trying to watch a video it kicks out. I tried about 15 videos, no luck.
Just noticed it does the same thing today. Shite. Try reinstalling Classic Youtube app?

Ad3s12

Just noticed it does the same thing today. Shite. Try reinstalling Classic Youtube app?
Uhh, you know, I already tried the same method (Classic app) a month ago, yet it didnt work either way then. the iOS 6 is dying out. Messenger, Youtube, Spotify, and more are already down :/

Ad3s12

how to install messenger on iphone 3gs
Messenger is so unstable it might not work for you, but thats the method i used:
Download latest messenger from App Store
Change version in info.plist to 255.0
However, its so old that many errors pop up, and there are many crashes.

Last edited: