Looking for Opera and Puffin for iOS 5

AshtonGamer

Thanks.
Too bad it doesn't connect to any website, YouTube, Google, Yahoo, won't connect. Thanks for sharing this.
The reason this happens is sadly Puffin shut down there servers on iOS due to Apple doing things, Opera should work.
But, I have read online that YouTube might not even work on browsers like that, but, TubeFixer is a Cydia tweak that fixes the iOS 2-5 YouTube app, but I am not sure if it works anymore. I'll share both opera and the tuberfixer repo/deb.

RagglenLove

Thanks, and please do share the installer for Opera.

On using Tubefixer, there's a problem with using it, there are certain times of the day when you cannot browse, search or view videos on the Youtube app due to API limits, apparently, according to the developer:

they set the new API limit to tiny cock amounts, they broke iOS 5 safari playback to push more people to my stuff and it broke everything i was trying
Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/TubeFixeriOS/status/1176949642854109189?p=v

So, at this point, Tubefixer is unreliable thanks to Google.

automaticfts

Thanks, and please do share the installer for Opera.

On using Tubefixer, there's a problem with using it, there are certain times of the day when you cannot browse, search or view videos on the Youtube app due to API limits, apparently, according to the developer:

So, at this point, Tubefixer is unreliable thanks to Google.
Was anyone able to provide the Opera install?

automaticfts

There is a comment in this thread that says it works on iOS 5.1.1.
I ended up finding that. Thank you for the follow up, though! I was super disappointed in Opera and it’s lack of ability to natively play videos. I tried playing a video and instead of playing it within Opera, Opera opened the video in Safari. So many sites are now giving an SSL error and don’t work in Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.

playing23

I ended up finding that. Thank you for the follow up, though! I was super disappointed in Opera and it’s lack of ability to natively play videos. I tried playing a video and instead of playing it within Opera, Opera opened the video in Safari. So many sites are now giving an SSL error and don’t work in Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.
Some on r/LegacyJailbreak have has success using Safari to play YouTube though invidio.us. It works for me on iOS 6, it likely will on iOS 5 as well.