Please guys, Make the Youtube app work on iOS 6

Lukas

As you know, the Youtube app does not work on IOS 6. Is there any way I can change the app code or make any changes to it to work again? thank you!

av709

Not being funny but did you miss the thread right underneath this one? Install that tweak which disables the update prompts. Make sure you change all instances of the YouTube app version number back to 10.11.11546 in Info.Plist (if you've previously changed those values). Setting it to higher values changes the app layout and causes it to crash when playing most videos.

Lukas

Not being funny but did you miss the thread right underneath this one? Install that tweak which disables the update prompts. Make sure you change all instances of the YouTube app version number back to 10.11.11546 in Info.Plist (if you've previously changed those values). Setting it to higher values changes the app layout and causes it to crash when playing most videos.

Ok, I'm going to change the code, but I did not quite understand. What tweak is this?

Lukas

[QUOTE = "av709, post: 2718, membro: 1663"] Não sendo engraçado, mas você perdeu o fio logo abaixo dele? Instale esse ajuste que desativa os prompts de atualização. Certifique-se de alterar todas as instâncias do número da versão do aplicativo do YouTube de volta para 10.11.11546 em Info.Plist (se você já alterou esses valores anteriormente). A configuração para valores mais altos altera o layout do aplicativo e faz com que ele trave ao reproduzir a maioria dos vídeos. [/ QUOTE]

I'm also having this little problem! The keyboard does not appear at all to sign in. I believe Google did it on purpose!

av709

Okay, so you must download the tweak here:
https://mtmdev.org/forum/index.php?threads/disable-update-prompt-for-youtube-10-11-11546.406/
It's a .deb package, install it using iFile.

To fix the second problem, you must install UserAgentFaker from Cydia, then go to settings and set it to Safari. Exit out of the YouTube app (if you've got it open) re-launch it and go to sign in, when the box appears to enter your email address, press and HOLD it until the keyboard appears. On the second page where you enter your password, you must first press "Next" for it to prompt you to re-enter your password and for the keyboard to re-appear.
Let me know how you get on.

Lukas

Okay, so you must download the tweak here:
https://mtmdev.org/forum/index.php?threads/disable-update-prompt-for-youtube-10-11-11546.406/
It's a .deb package, install it using iFile.

To fix the second problem, you must install UserAgentFaker from Cydia, then go to settings and set it to Safari. Exit out of the YouTube app (if you've got it open) re-launch it and go to sign in, when the box appears to enter your email address, press and HOLD it until the keyboard appears. On the second page where you enter your password, you must first press "Next" for it to prompt you to re-enter your password and for the keyboard to re-appear.
Let me know how you get on.

It worked! Solved my problems! Thank you brother! Taking advantage of your help, I have an IPhone 5 here at home with DualBoot Jailbreak using the CoolBooter tweak, and some apps like IBooks and Youtube do not open on the second system. Is there any way to fix it?

Lukas

Do you also know some tweak to download incompatible apps or old versions by appstore? There is the Lower Install tweak, which lets you download incompatible apps. however, only for IOS 9 or higher! Thanks bro

Last edited:

av709

I have an IPhone 5 here at home with DualBoot Jailbreak using the CoolBooter tweak, and some apps like IBooks and Youtube do not open on the second system. Is there any way to fix it?
I have no idea. I'd recommend posting at r/LegacyJailbreak and see if anyone has any ideas there.
Do you also know some tweak to download incompatible apps or old versions by appstore? There is the Lower Install tweak, which lets you download incompatible apps. however, only for IOS 9 or higher! Thanks bro
LowerInstall would be pretty useless on iOS 6 anyway. If an app requires iOS 7 or higher, then 99% of the time it will depend on an asset that iOS 6 doesn't have so it would likely crash even if you edited MinimumOSVersion and force installed it. I assume you know that if you've previously downloaded an app on a newer device/OS linked to your Apple ID, then the App Store in iOS 6 will usually serve up the last compatible version?

The only other tool that might be useful to you is aDowngrader. It allows you to download older versions of apps using their external identifier, which you can find on the Mixrank website (I used Messenger as an example). You need to add http://h6nry.github.io/repo/ to your sources in Cydia, then you'll be able to download it. Switch it on in Settings, reboot your device and when you go to download any app in the App Store, you'll be prompted to enter the bundleid for the version of that app you want.

Lukas

I have no idea. I'd recommend posting at r/LegacyJailbreak and see if anyone has any ideas there.
LowerInstall would be pretty useless on iOS 6 anyway. If an app requires iOS 7 or higher, then 99% of the time it will depend on an asset that iOS 6 doesn't have so it would likely crash even if you edited MinimumOSVersion and force installed it. I assume you know that if you've previously downloaded an app on a newer device/OS linked to your Apple ID, then the App Store in iOS 6 will usually serve up the last compatible version?

The only other tool that might be useful to you is aDowngrader. It allows you to download older versions of apps using their external identifier, which you can find on the Mixrank website (I used Messenger as an example). You need to add http://h6nry.github.io/repo/ to your sources in Cydia, then you'll be able to download it. Switch it on in Settings, reboot your device and when you go to download any app in the App Store, you'll be prompted to enter the bundleid for the version of that app you want.

Some apps show the option to download an old version, but most already say that the device is incompatible. September last year I managed to install Netflix, Chrome, Gmail, Dropbox, and several others. Now they no longer allow. Not even in IOS 9 it is possible to download these apps! I'll do what you told me. You could do some articles teaching your expertise to the people. It would help several people who have the same problem as me. Thank you :)

Lukas

Buddy, I installed Tweak you said. It works, but only with apps that provide an older version to download. Unsupported apps do not work. Any more ideas?

av709

Yes it only works where the app is still hosted in the App Store. Chrome is here, though it'll be just as buggy and slow as Safari as it uses the same outdated Webkit version. If you're having problems with Safari I'd try downloading Puffin Browser which works differently. I have a Netflix 6.2 .ipa (last supported version for iOS 6) that I'll upload when I get time. In the mean time, you can try Netflix 4.3.1 which *may* still work. Gmail you'll have to post a request for and I'd do that here as well as r/LegacyJailbreak for the largest possible audience.

tamamushiiro

Hi there, I managed to log in on the Youtube app with User Agent Faker but it logs me out every time I exit the app with the home button. Is this normal?

tamamushiiro

No, not normal. Have you changed anything in Info.plist such as CFBundleVersion?
Nope. To be sure, I reinstalled the Youtube .ipa (the 10.07.11524 version) and the disableyoutubeupdates tweak both found in this forum. I also have mikoto tweak (adds some features to Youtube) from Karen's repo installed and Youtube is the only Google app that I have on my iPad mini iOS 6.1.3 if those mean anything.

av709

I would suggest:
1) Uninstall the tweak
2) Download YouTube 10.11.11546 from the App Store.

Edit: The more I think about it the YouTube .ipa hosted on here has probably had Info.plist edits as that used to be the only way to get these older versions working but it's no longer effective now and causes more problems.

tamamushiiro

Sadly, I can't login my apple id on my device and I can't find a cracked version of 10.11.11546 either.

Edit: Nevermind, I finally figured out why I can't login my apple id, it was the LowerInstall tweak.

Last edited:

av709

LowerInstall doesn't work properly in iOS 6 and shouldn't be used. Is 10.11.11546 working for you now?

Lukas

LowerInstall doesn't work properly in iOS 6 and shouldn't be used. Is 10.11.11546 working for you now?
Google Login stopped again on IOS 6. When trying to signin on any app, be it Google or not, the app stops running. (crash). Any idea how to solve it again? ‍:(