Working (Verified) Podcasts v1.1.2 / 1.2.3 (iPhone / iPad)

minimum

Staff member
vG83GNK.png

For iOS 5.1 - 6.1.6:
Download v1.2.3 [WORKING/VERIFIED]
Download v1.1.2 (Tapedeck Edition) [WORKING/VERIFIED]

Compatibility
:
480x320 | 960x640 | 1136x640
1024x768 | 2048x1536

Description
:

Podcasts app is the easiest way to discover, subscribe to, and play your favorite podcasts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts from the Podcasts Catalog, and play the most popular podcasts, organized for you by topic, with the all-new Top Stations feature.

Developer: Apple

Review:
Apples Podcasts app for iOS has always been absolutely stellar for discovering new audio or video podcasts via the "Top Stations" sections or just listening to them and not delving any deeper like shownotes, links etc. It features a highly controversial user interface that caused so much unwarranted fuss from tech pundits over Skeumorpic UI design which I personally am fond of very much. It was particularly the way it looked that sucked me and made me want to discover podcast content and boy did I get hooked. I think the style brings a sort of a sublte delight to using quite otherwise bland database driven interface. The app allows you to stream (which I personally prefer) or download podcasts, depending on your preference which you can manipulate per podcast and also features a sleep timer, changable playback speed and what is quite surprising - it still syncs fine (in 2018) with iTunes! The app runs a little slow but bearable on iPhone 4 but runs absolutely great on my iPhone 4S. Weirdly it does not prevent any iPhone from playing back high definition video outside the specs for any given iPhone model and in result the iPhone 4S, for example, plays 1080p 60fps video absolutely butter smooth. Go ahead and experience the way Steve Jobs saw the expression of digital UI.

Screen shots:
5Jxs8CA.png
iux1a68.png
N8XYDXz.png
9pfH4Va.png
1YJGmcj.png
Fn9ah9a.png

Last edited by a moderator: